Saturday, October 9, 2010

Data Base is Almost Ready

A recent email from Cargill's archives director (as they prepare for their 150th anniversary) reminds me that I have not updated this blog in a while. My student researchers have been busy building our data base of 100 year old U.S. companies and and Katelyn Rumsey is now doing an analysis based on size, industry, etc. The results of this work will be presented at the Association for Global Business Conference to be held in New Orleans in November. Hopefully they will see it as worthy for publication in their journal.

We have done a few surveys along the way (talking to these companies is much more fun than the data base work), but we will begin surveying in earnest in 2011. In the meantime, if you run across an "old" company of which you think I might not be aware, please post a comment or email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment